Sunday, August 28, 2005

bummed out

Tomarrow is my birthday I will be 44<sigh>

44 sounds so old only 6 away from 50..

I have been depressed about this all week..

I don't think its really because of the age factor its more that I still don't think I have found my calling in life..

I feel I'm still searching...but time is running out...

Just slap a big 'L" on my forehead..

I know one day I will look back and think gee I wish I was 44 again...but for now....

I have to work on my birthday which sucks...not that I will celebrate or anything...

just feeling sad about it...guess I go to the front yard and eat worms...<not really>

I am thankful its not about that also...

anyway....heres to another year <clink>

Donna

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

would it cheer you up to know htat I am older than you?  I turned 44 in March!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! As for the age? I think you are a great person and dont worry about getting older. You are still vibrant and wonderful! Brandie

Anonymous said...

Donna, I know its tough, i'm right behind you ! Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday it was 1985, right? Be stong, we will make it thru
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

I feel your anguish...I'm hitting the big 3-0 soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't invite Rebecca from In The Shadow of the Iris......she HATES worms.  She told me so:)

Would it help if we told you that you look very pretty?  (Not "Pretty for a 44 year old")

I hate that you're bummed about your birthday but I am glad you feel free to tell us that....that means you like us, you really really like us (Excuse my Sally Field acceptance speech there).

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/MyJournalJarSaturdaySixetcanswer

Anonymous said...

My best years were from 40 to 50.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to say have a very Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

You are right, your outlook will change in a few years.  Now, when you get to my age, you really will wish you were 44 again. Cheer up, you are still very young.

Anonymous said...

eiS  !taht si driew woH   .sdrawkcab tuo gnimoc si gnipyt ma  gnihtyreve

Anonymous said...

aydhtrib yppah  ?naiduerF  ?ebyam emit kcab nrut

Anonymous said...

maybe your calling is simply being the great Mother that you are!   i'm a tad older than you, but mostly i've enjoyed my 40s~kbear

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just a number and by what I read...I think you know that as well!! You have such a great outlook and it shows, here anyway!!! Have a great day!! Treat yourself!
Jodi