Thursday, August 18, 2005

one pissed off momma

Message I e-mailed to my 10 year olds teachers..Yeah I'm pissed not sure if the e-mail gets this across.I tryed to be civil and hope I came across half way intelligent

I mean come on its the third day of school and you send I folder home on thurday telling me homework wasnt done on wednesday or thursday and it is due on friday...How can I possibly fix the problem when you send me the damn folder on thurday night...yes I said night so I can't get his homework now the damn school is closed...

I wish I could feel right about home schooling I would do it

grrrrrrrrhhhh!!! 

Susan, Margie and Patti I'm trying to write this e-mail without getting upset but frankly to be honest I am.. This is the first week of fifth grade ...I haven't worried about it much because I understood that there will be a orientation on the 25 . I figured all the rules and procedures would be explained to me then. I get my son's Thursday folder and there is all this writing..<no voc flashcards..I don't know what this means  and no spelling or reading hw and no math homework... I take this to say that he hasn't gotten this done...however you may be saying that no one has this homework this week...how do I interpert this?.. I know Cameron has done math homework this week because I have sat with him while he does it. I do not know what other homework if any Cameron has.. .Last year it was written in a book for me.... this year...not sure how you guys are handling it. I was shocked about the Thursday folder to say the lease...If there is a problem with Cameron not understanding how the process works it would be a benefit to send something to me as a parent by e-mail or a telephone call. Last year and the previous years before Cameron was in Mastery Center for reading,language arts, spelling..so why he isn't in there this year is kind of puzzling to me...Nothing has been discussed with me about this change...Not that the change isn't warranted just wasn't informed. I want to support Cameron in success but I cannot without some communication from you guys.. All messages for me need to be e-mail,telephone or in person what is needed...Telling my son to tell me something is useless because by the time he gets home he has forgotten what you told him exactly .The messages I got from him  this week was ...Mom your form is wrong and you need cash... As you can see this message is not informative enough to let me know what he is talking about.<I'm quite sure that wasn't your message but that is what he heard>..I did make a trip up to the office to try and straighten this out about my form... What I found out was I need a proof of residency which I haven't had to have since kindergarten. I understand why it is needed I just don't understand why this was never explained to me.in some kind of letter..Also it was explained I need to pay cash for the 5 dollar trip because the school only accepts cash for 5 and under...ok fine but this also wasn't explained to me.. I read the paper on the recorder and it said make checks out to Curtsinger so that led me to believe a check was needed for everything... This e-mail is not meant to belittle anyone it is just one mother who is frustrated, confused and not sure what is going on.... I want to be inform and I want to support what you guys are instilling in my child but I have to also be educated as to what is going on also.. Thank You for your time in reading my e-mail,   Donna Guerrero So what do you think of my little e-mail journal land friends

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man....I wish my mom had been like you when I was the victim of bizarre public education rules.  It's a miracle I ever got a diploma.

Russ

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Brandie

Anonymous said...

you sound like my mom was.  You go!

derek
http://journals.aol.com/deveil/CelebrationofMyExhistance

Anonymous said...

informative, direct and to the point!   you go girl!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I end up writing to my kids teachers so many times over the school year that they end up afraid of me!  I can get to the point and word it professionally without being as snotty as I want to be, just as you have done.  I am not looking forward to homework nights!  AAAGGHHHHHHHHH!  And, I am home schooling Emma, so at least I won't have to worry about her homework.  PHEW!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You got to stay strong and direct - you go girl, never give up!
http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart/

Anonymous said...

very goooddd...:)

iT MADE IT SEEM IMPORTANT AT HOW YOU WOULD LIKE much BETTER COMMUNICATIONS...BUT YET IT DIDNT BELITTLE THEM...WONDERFULLY PUT!!