Sunday, August 21, 2005

Get off your butt

I sitting here checking my e-mail...Trying to talk my butt into getting up..

Me: Get up and get yourself ready for church

Butt:  NO this chair feels so warm and cushey

Me: you know you need to get ready for church you havent been in a while

Butt: Well maybe your right but then you have to get dress..put makeup on ..do your hair..fight the kids...

Me: well you do have a point...<she sighs and thinks staying in my jammies does sound good..>

Well I have another hour until church so I will sit here for another 15....

_____________________________________________

 

Zachary my 7 year old comes in the room

he has this strange behavior that I'm not sure any of my other kids have done....

Cameron the 10 year old has come up behind me reading this entry and says "what strange behavior"...yes he is trying to get dirt on his little brother..

I shoo him away..

Back to Zachary he walks up touches his nose to my arm and sniffs me...yes I said sniffs me

ME:what the heck are you doing !!!..Again he sniffs more deeply

ME:<my voice raises a bit> Zachary what the heck are you doing..

Zach: I'm smelling you!!

Me: Why would you want to do that silly willie

Zach: Because I like the way you smell

Me: WHat do I smell like... I ask knowing I just got up and have no cologne or anything that smells remotely pleasant

Zach:You smell like momma

Me:hummm ok its that a good thing

Zach: Yes I like that smell...you always smell good to me...

He takes one last sniff smiles and walks off..

<Laugh> ok this is the child that likes the smell of gas...

So I'm not sure if my smell is good or not...

HA HA HA HA.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely, he like the smell of Mama, think I would have been in tears if a child of mine had told me that.

Anonymous said...

You talk to your butt?  You talk to your butt, but you're worried about your kid sniffing your arm.....

Ha ha, just kidding.  Funny entry.

Chris

Anonymous said...

hehehe@Zach sniffing you...in some way that is soooo sweet..sayin he likes the smell of mama =)
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Mommy smell!  Nothing like it so I hear from my kids ALL the time!  That's why they fight over my pillow when they are sick or my bathrobe when they just want something comforting.  It's the truth, Mommy's do have a smell!!!!!  And, I am soooo glad I am not the only one that has conversations with my butt!!!  PHEW!
Hugs and love, Lisa