Friday, January 7, 2005

Got some New news

So I was offered a job today at Texas United Title as an abstractor....

.I was pretty excited about it. I started figuring childcare and looks like it will take half my salary to pay for that....I only need 2 hours a day after school care so depending how I go daycare or after school program. I will have to do some figuring..  

Not sure what I will do yet....Would be nice if I could find a nice nanny/housekeeper....That way I'd get a cleaned house out of the deal ....The kids are old enough 9 and 7 that they are easy just not old enough to stay by themselves...

Sooooooo......  

 Came home and told the hubby and ask how he felt about it .....He said whatever you want to do honey....I said I want your honest feelings... So here they are in a nutshell

He said----

 -Don't think I will make enough $ after daycare to make it worth my time..  

 -Feels more comfortable with me watching the kids  

 -Will miss coming home and me being here  

 -Wont be able to call and talk to me during the day  

 -will miss the nice hot meals everyday and clean house etc...  

 Here is the shocker one .....he said do you think I'm going to leave you? Is that why you want to work your feeling insecure ..... I laughed and said no way why would you leave a hot babe like me< me striking a pose !>

I said do you think I'm getting a job to leave you??????  he laughed kind of nervously.... I said why would I leave you I just got you broke in...   I have a great husband so I know he is concerned. He is also very spoiled to me being home and taking care of all the kid stuff and home etc.....I have only been at home about 2 1/2 years but I guess I have been doing a good job Ha!

So we will see what I decide.....

You get the drift.....

I was actually shocked that he really felt this way....I didn't realize how much he appreciated me giving up my career and staying home..

Not sure what I will do.....I accepted the job and it starts next Wednesday..... It will be fine from 8-5 but when the kids are out of school in the summer I know it will bother me not to be home with the kids.....I will just pray about it ....  Off to journal surf

Donna In TEXAS -  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you, I hope evrything works out for you ~ Heather

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the job!  It's a tough decision but sometimes getting a job and gaining things outside of being home with the kids is important.  It gives a person a different sort of self-worth.  If that makes sense.  I would think the school program would be less expensive and the way to go if you end up starting the job.  Men don't like change like that but your hubby will get through it.  Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Well Congrats to you on landing yourself a job - yaaay!!
Wouldn't like to say which way you should go though, that's entirely up to you of course.  Nice to be appreciated by your husband, and also to know you still have 'it' - whatever 'it' is - in the way of getting a job.  My hubby likes me at home too, which is fine while my son is small, and we're still thinking on having a second child, but some day I'd love to go back to work.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on finding a job!!  It's not easy out there right now, so you must have had that extra something they were looking for!  I think hubby is feeling insecure because you will be in an office setting.  For some reason, mine feels the same way.  He is always saying that if I went back to work fulltime in a lawfirm, that I would have men hitting on me left and right.  I always say "Ummm, have you looked at me lately dear?!?!  It's not like I am 22 years old anymore!!  I have baggage for God's sake!".  Hee-hee!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

That's the one thing that would bother me the most, working during the summer, this past summer was my first not working in a long time, and it was great!  Daycare is costly, I charge 125 per week, and they pay whether they bring the kids or not.  

Anonymous said...

LOL what spoiled man would actively say "yeah, stop spoiling me?"  ;D

Hope everything goes well with the new job!!! :)

~tara :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on your new job.  Isn't it great to be loved and appreciated.  You have a great guy there!
Michele   http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

I'm adding my congrats on the job offer.  This is such a hard decision for many women to face these days.  Either way involves some sort of trade-off.  I still think that being able to work outside the home is good, if you can manage it-- that is, when the kids are your age-- younger, I've seen it be crazy.  Good Luck Donna!
--Albert

Anonymous said...

Not that my opinion matters here in the least, but I would consider doing the job for the next couple months.  If by the time May comes you aren't enjoying it, the money isn't enough, or YOU miss being at home -- then resign.  That way you'll still have the whole summer with the kiddies.

Or if the job just isn't tempting you in the slightest, then tell them you had a change of heart and are unable to accept it at this time.   (and be proud of yourself that your skills are still most definitely marketable)

Whatever you do, make the choice that makes YOU happy.   Love, Anna