Friday, January 28, 2005

weird coworkers

Well it's friday woorah...I left 6 files on my desk to do monday yukky poo....

I can't decide if I like my job or not...One thing I do know I'm very under paid...as are many people in the world.

Today I was thinking dang I graduated from college for this what a failure I am....

My coworkers are ok except there is this one chick thats....... how can I say this correctly....

Let me paint a picture she probably in her 50's unmarried has cats....

I have had no...... let me repeat absolutely no training so I'm beating my brains out to grasp something that I have never been exposed to.  Cat lady  comes in and advises me she doesn't like the way I staple my papers or the way I put my paperclips on the files...

I 'm thinking what the @@@. is the lady nuts..She proceeds to inform me the proper way to staple her papers and put the paperclips on...< I put them 1/2 inch too much to the left on the paperclips and the staples need to be angled just right geeissh!!!

 

NO she is not my boss just a unflexible person...after she walked out of my office I just starting crying....I cant explain the tears ...they just started flowing wouldn't stop...the computer guy walked in <because the computer had been down so I couldnt do my work and files kept piling in>

He said are you ok I said yes just upset about something...I was embarassed but it's like the straw that broke the camels back and the emotions just poured out....

It was petty of her...no wonder she is alone...

I got home exhausted<mentally>

Later that evening the phone rings...It's my sister she talks to my mom<whom she owes money..she always owes my mom money>

I can tell my sister is giving my mom a hard luck story so she doesnt have to pay my mom back...I can tell from the conversation that mom isnt buying whatever she is saying...Then mom says here you want to talk to your sister and throws me the phone....

I got on the phone this was the conversation

ME: Hello

SisterG: you called me today?

Me: Yes I wanted to tell you that Clay got a letter today from the high school

SisterG: oh yeah

Me: yeah you want me to read it to you

<Side note:::My sister has our address for her son so he can go to the high school he wants to go to....also when I got home the letter was sitting on the bar already opened..thats how I knew it was about Clay's behavior in class>

SO.........

Now she is mad at mom because she knows she has to pay her some of her income tax refund and she doesnt want too.. 

SisterG:<yelling in a hateful tone>WHAT DO YOU MEAN READ IT..DID YOU OPEN MY MAIL!!!!!!!!

Me:No!!!

SisterG: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT SAYS IF YOU DIDNT OPEN IT!!!!..

Now this just totally pissed me off she was calling me a liar and yelling at me when I was only doing her a favor....After dealing with Cat lady all day I was less than willing to let my sister vomit her anger on me so I let loose on her

Me: I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIVES IN THIS HOUSE...THE LETTER WAS ALREADY OPENED WHEN I GOT HOME...

SisterG:Why are you yelling at me!!!!

< I can't stand it when people start the yelling and when you yell back they act offended>

Me:YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT... IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT SAYS DRIVE YOUR @@@ OVER HERE AND LOOK AT IT YOURSELF...".click"

 

She called back but I didnt answer and I guess noone else answer either...So now I'm the bad guy for yelling as far as she is concern...whatever I dont care I'm tired and dont have for this crap....

Do I sound gripey and stressed...

I guess I'm going to have to give up the other two jobs if I keep this one I cant keep working the 3 jobs...I'm turning into a zombie....

I know I'm whining....

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope don't think a man would put up with the cat lady. Paula

Anonymous said...

I see why "cat lady" is alone!  Love how you described her by the way!  Working in lawfirms for over 15 years I have run across people just like her, down to having the staple put in the paper on an angle because the pages can flip better that way.  I only took that crap from the Partners of the lawfirm, never a co-worker though.  I understand why you were at your wits end though.  I don't think I ever could work 3 jobs!  I could barely work 1 job!  Oh, and speaking of going to college, I went to college and I am not a lunchlady, so don't worry about that too much.  And, about your sister, she seems very much like someone that needs drama.  You don't need that in your life right now.  You were right not to answer the phone!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

The cat lady sounds to me like she has nothing else in her life to think about, just that the staples and paperclips are all in the right place.  I don't blame you for getting upset, on top of all the other stresses of learning a new job I'm sure you just could have done without that.  (((((hugs))))) to you my dear.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I worked with someone like the Catlady not too long ago.. but I called her Snoopy. I still cannot stand Snoopy and I'm so glad I'm NOT working with Snoopy.

This is my first time visiting! I love it~ I can't wait to read more!

~Jaime

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I've worked with a Cat Lady before!  She's trying to intimidate.  I'd ask her if it's just her personal preference things are to be done that way or if that stupid idea is actually in your job descprition.>:)  I don't work well with pushy people myself.  Sounds like she needs more fiber in her diet.  Sounds like your sis needs to chill out herself.  You need a stiff drink and a hot tub to soak in.:)
Steph

Anonymous said...

OK ... now why don't you tell us how you really feel!
                             *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

I actually knew the guy whose illustration was animated in your email.  His name is Randy Glasbergen.  I'll just say that I knew him...and not say that I LIKED him.  (evil smirk)   Russ