Wednesday, March 9, 2005

HUMM ok

SO today I finally sent my boss a e-mail to confirm my last day at work..I went into this long e-mail about why.. He basically already knew from talking to my co worker who filled him in.

<She is his right hand person..

I just felt I should tell him myself ..He is in California so I cant really  talk to him face to face right now..

So I write this long e-mail and his responsewas..

OK Thanks .....lets make your last day this friday instead its the end of pay period...

I just set there and thought HUMMM OK...Not sure if he was busy or maybe a little upset..

I broke this news to one of my favorite coworkers whom I work through e-mail with a lot  we have met once but mostly talk over e-mail at work...

This young man is so funny everyday he makes me laugh with funny e-mail responses..

I told him about my leaving and hadn't heard from him for a while.l SO the next day I sent a e-mail saying ...hey dude whats up.... you ok ??? I'll be sending work your way soon.....he sent me this funny e-mail<of course I should say he was joking just in case you dont understand the humor>

I'm giving you the silent treatment.  You are just like every woman!  You come into my life, laugh at me jokes, compliment me, make me feel special, tell me you will cook, etc, etc, etc . . . and then you tell me you will be leaving soon.  Have you no heart?  Maybe it's my fault.  I let this happen every time!  Ouoaueo u[paimetnm app[r q8u t820u re a oi[u ab argugq[3j34n[j-]-PJATJ(&*4 1 oiuoa 4au g8 a4u4hjqr 048u5qn4t j va0 nau0unt4uq0=nu4tb b4t08  08n *7uqu34t . . . <?s

sorry about that . . . I was cleaning the tears off of my keyboard

Jeremy :-)

 

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants...This young man cracks me up I told him I was adopting him as my son his response good whens dinner....

I love working with fun people....People who just make you laugh at life and you feel better for having known they..For that I say thanks to Jeremy...

 

I fell such relief leaving...wheww!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

your co-worker sounds sooo funny!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I had someone like that  I worked with back before I became a stay at home mom.  Those people whom you have fun with like that can sure make your job that much more bearable.  I bet he's really going to miss you.:)  
Steph

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Jeremy sounds so sweet and sounds gay actually!  He does!  Don't yell at me!!  I have a good friend that I have had since I was in 8th grade and he is still "in the closet" but he is the FUNNIEST man I have EVER known!  He can throw me a one liner that has me in awe at times (thank God I have thick skin!)!  Just a simple email and he can have me laughing my butt off!  I think how your boss responded to your email is sadly the way the world is going with the technology.  Impersonal and cold.  I am happy you are leaving though!  Good for you!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

One thing I dont like about E-mail - is you really cant tell  what the other person is really feeling. Well, your last day is sooner than you thought !!  
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about working with fun people, my last job before becoming a Mum was like that.  I miss those days, but wouldn't swap what I have now!!  I would have expected more of a response from your boss, that's kind of cold isn't it.  Hope you hear from him again before you leave!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I once had a boss who had a great sense of humor. We shared an office suite with only one bathroom......
One day I drew a detailed drawing of how to put down a toliet seat and hung it above the toliet....
a few days later I went to copy something and he had hung a detailed drawing of how to copy the articles on both sides and file them.....
I hated the job so when he quit and the "fun" was gone , I quit shortly after.
You made the right choice about your job.
Candace

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the peace of not working with the "cat lady" anymore.  I wish you well, Donna.  Russ