Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Last Day

So told boss my last day would be March18...Daycare is eating up  my paycheck so its not really paying me to work at the place I'm barely breaking even. I guess I should of thought it out more

With summer coming on I would have to pay 800. per month for childcare...I wouldnt even break even.....

Hubby is thrilled about me quiting never wanted me to work anyway. He thinks I'm great as a momma...AAHHH!!!

I did get up the guts to e-mail the colleges around here for information about Social work degree...

My husband thinks I would be a good counselor he says I counselor friends and family all the time for free HA!!!

What a sweetheart he is...I just enjoy people and there lives...If I can help them by listening or giving tools to help them along..I feel very satisfied..I really enjoy working with the elderly..They are awesome!!

 

Does anybody know Step her journal is called The Redhead??

I was concerned because I can't get her site to load so I am hoping nothing has happened to her...I havent gotten any alerts lately but who can depend on alerts...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The high cost of childcare is what kept me home when all of my kids were young.  It was nice to be able to afford to work again, but the sacrifice was costly... mostly to my children.  I'm looking forward to being able to be a full time mom again, only 2 more weeks!

Anonymous said...

Step The Redhead has deleted her journal for the time being...
Sorry about the job but glad you have the support to be able to choose... I understand about the daycare. My husband and I have worked opposite shifts for the last six years so we don't have to pay daycare... Have a great week. Linda

Anonymous said...

I would pay more in child care than I'd probably make if I went back to work!  Plus the fact that I like being a stay at home Mum, and everyone else seems happy with it too :o)  I'd love to go back to work some day though, miss seeing grown up people!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I was always lucky with my day care..very cheap - but now both the kids are in school, so i dont need it anymore. Summer camp, I lucked out too, and found a really reasonable place. I dont think my husband would be as supportive as yours !!! I envy the moms that can stay home. I wish I could
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

I think being a SAHM is the hardest job. I have been on both sides.

Anonymous said...

congrats on giving your notice!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Good for you giving your notice!  It's always nice to have a husband that supports whatever decision you make.  Daycare costs are what has kept me from going back to work fulltime too.  That and I love being a Mommy!!!!  There's nothing like it even though it doesn't exactly pay the bills.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yay! Back to school, back to school.  I wish I could but I'm too busy with the family business.  I would take journalism!  Maybe someday, I'm only 35.  I love your journal because its real!  Shelly

Anonymous said...

Oops, should've read your journal awhile ago so I could have told you then about my journal.:)  I'm so glad you're gonna be a "momma" at home!  That's alot of cash to pay out a month.  Jeesh..
Steph