Monday, November 15, 2004

1+1+2+3aagghh

I have just gotten throught helping my fourth grader with his math homework and I offically earned a valium..beer..or margarita damn the luck I cant drink...

What is with the crap math they teach  you think the teachers get together and say what can we teach that will totally push the parents to the brink....

Now its math how different can it be from when I went to school....Here is a scoop ....if your going to teach it different from when us oldies took it dont ya think you should let us in on the dang answers or send a paper home saying ......

Ok oldies you did it like this but we're teaching it like this....This would help us tremdously since you cram all that homework on them and leave us high and dry to figure it out.

I'm ready to go peel the teacher fingersnails off!!!!! Gee I feel like I'm still working in corporate america ....I still  remember ...where  upper management  would change the rules but not tell you the new rules ...just leave you there to guess..And then write you up because you broke the "rules" 

Give me a freaken break I'm not getting paid for this frustration to boot..If I wanted to homeschool I would do it and have the freaking answers in the books....plus I would sleep late because my school wouldn't start untill 10:00 am huumm now that I think about it maayybbeee

Forget it!!!! I would just say its Mrs Bairds day everyday and were going to loaf off..Ha! We would never learn.

Ok teachers you put up with my child for 8 hours I totally give you kuddos for that but cut a old fogie an break.....I haven't figure your new fangled math.......Help me please before I pull out more hair and have two bald patches...:-)

 

Or I could be like dornbrau and lick the math paper and then the teacher wouldnt touch it  

  http://journals.aol.com/dornbrau/DUSTBUNNYCLUBOFNORTHAMERICA/ Read Dustbunny Club of North America journal to know what I'm talking about. The link is above:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny, I agree, then when my kid brings me the homework, and I cant figure it out, I fell like a dipshit cause I cant do 2nd grade homework Damn those teachers to hell, with that math lol From Heather

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not looking forward to my son bringing home homework like that someday.  I HATE math.  I mean totally loathe it.  I'm like you, I know the old way and that's it.  Anything new fangled and I'm going to be lost.
Steph

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to your entry!  I think I have a few that are about the same exact thing!  I got lost with this "new Math" when my daughter hit about 4th grade too.  That's about when they start the pre-algebra stuff.  I actually had to go in and have the teacher sit down with me and teach me the way she was teaching the students so I would know how to help my daughter!  And, what's this about not "carrying over" anymore!  They can't "carry over" when they are adding and they can't "borrow" when they are subtracting!  UGGHHHHH!  I need to go back to elementary school myself, so I understand!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa