Thursday, November 18, 2004

FYI-watch out

 I got this from a journal I read called American Ride  I though tI would pass it on you can never be too careful

 

CBS Report Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:57:21 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

"Keep a watch out for people standing near you in the checkout line at retail stores, restaurants, grocery stores, etc., who have a camera-cell phone in hand.  With the camera-cell phones, they can take a picture of your credit card, which gives them your name, number, and expiration date. CBS reported this type of identification theft is one of the fastest growing scams today. Be aware of your surroundings, forward to all your friends and family." WOW!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Sacramento Ca and that has been going on forever also at the ATM Your J-Land Pal Heather

Anonymous said...

There's always something.  I've never heard of this happening, but I'm from a smaller city.:)  Very sneaky!
Steph

Anonymous said...

WOW! I never thought of this. Thanks for passing this on!