Monday, November 22, 2004

Lost loves

My mother comes into my room tonight tells me she has something funny to tell me...Long story short she mentions my old high school sweetheart

Yes hummmm Paul Borgfeld.........or Now DR Paul Borgfeld......

AAGGHH first loves......makes your heart flutter just to think:

The way I loved holding his hand walking to class

kissing him in the halls....sitting by him in his car..

the smell of his colonge..warmth of his breath

all the dreams we had......kinda of brings a tear to my eye thinking about it

 

I wander sometimes.... dear paul of mine...Do you ever think of me??.....do you wonder how my life turned out??    If I'm happy........If I loved again??Do you ever want to just pick up the phone to here that voice from the distance past and remember??? Yes paul I loved you ....with a love that only a person can have for a first love 

I hope your life was everthing you wanted...I hope you loved again and somewhere deep in my heart... I guess I would hope.... for a small moment if by chance someone mention the name Donna Ray your heart would go back............to the good times..........to the high school dreams..and you would smile....a warm smile of contentment .... just remembering.

Maybe things didnt end the way you or I wanted but end they did.

Paul  you were my first love and first kiss....special times

.....but even though its been  23 years if someone mentions your name by chance.....

I smile.... close my eyes and   ...remember

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was sweet!

Anonymous said...

I remember my first love.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, how sweet this entry is.  I often wonder the same thing about my first love.  I think we all do from time to time.  Congrats to Dr. Borgfeld!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

This entry gave me a huge smile =)  I was blessed enough to marry my first love ... I guess you could say we have been together all our life. But reading this took me back to our young life ... Thank you for nudging my memory!!

Anonymous said...

Spooky...I was just thinking about my first love a couple days ago!  You never forget your first love.  My parents see my first love from time to time and tell me what he's up to.  You do go down memory lane with just a mention of their name.  And you wonder if they remember you with a smile.
Steph