Sunday, November 21, 2004

Shelby cat

Good morning!!!

I have a question about my cat that is 15 years old.  He has never been sick and is a great cat but lately he has been peeing in places other than the catbox  yukkk!!!!  He has never I repeat never ever done this before so I took him to the VET they ran blood test and stuff told me he had kidney disease and there was nothing they could do but give him anitbiotics.

We gave him the antibiotics and started him on special food.  He did pretty good for a while...but now he is peeing even worse.  I hate this more than anything...yuuuukkkkkk

Has anybody dealt with this before with thier cat?

He doesnt seem to be sick that I can see.... he still eats and drinks etc.... and is not having problems urinating:-)

I would defintley but him to sleep if I thought for a minute he was suffering.... but he doesn't seem to be except he will do that howling meow occasionally.  My mom says its because he is in pain....but I don't agree because as soon as I say his name he stops with the meowing....I think he is looking for me

 

Of course my mom is always doom and gloom anyway!!!

Just wandering if anybody has any input on this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below is a prayer request from a Christian Talk Radio Man I listen to on KLIF here in Dallas Fort Worth.  I will copy and paste his e-mail.  It speaks for itself...

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

Wednesday 17 November 2004, 9:00pm -- An hour ago I was kneeling at the foot of a hospital bed.  Crying and praying with a friend whose son lay there on life support.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>

During the show this afternoon, Lauren and I received wordthat the 19 year old son of a friend of many years had been involved in an automobile accident and was in the hospital.  As soon as the show was over, I went there.<O:P> </O:P>

As I stood and listened to my friend Bill talk about his son -- as he talked about needing a miracle -- when he said, "I will take him anyway I can get him.  We really need a miracle" -- I was speechless.  Even as am writing this there is a huge lump in my throat.<O:P> </O:P>

I am asking you right now to pray for a miracle for Brandon Smith. <O:P> </O:P>

Whatever you are doing, would you please stop right now and pray that his body would be restored and God would heal him? <O:P> </O:P>

We know we are always to follow our requests with a prayer that Gods will would be done.  And we know that there are many things we cant understand.  But selfishly, I am praying that Bill and Lissa and their family will have a chance to take Brandon home and care for him.<O:P>  And I am asking you to do the same.</O:P>

I have never begged you before, but I am begging you now.  Pray for the miracle that Bill and Lissa and their family are praying for...the miracle that Brandon needs.<O:P> </O:P>

I know that I would not get through one sentence of this on the air.  It is just too much.  So I wanted to humbly ask you for this thing that is the least we can do and the most we can do:  PRAY.<O:P> </O:P>

Thank you so much for reading this and for your faithfulness to do what the Lord prompts you to do.  <O:P></O:P>If you would like to jot a note of to Bill and Lissa, click here.

God bless you,<O:P>  
</O:P>

Scott Wilder




Donna in TEXAS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom has had the same problem in the past.  I know the last cat that did it was dying, but then another cat did it because he had a bladder infection, so ya never know.  She has a 17 year old cat now, and she practically lives outside, and is healthier than her 2 indoor cats.  One of them is peeing, and she has her suspicions on which one it is.  Then, she has a cat that pukes all the time!!!  I'm sticking to my DOG~!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I had a cat that did that too. She ended up having a bladder infection. I think I would talk again to your vet,though.  I did say a little prayer for that boy. Please let us know how he is doing. I live in the Dallas area so I will try and listen to that radio station.  Will you please say a little prayer for my 31 yr old daughter? She is on drugs and drinks alot. I found out her boyfriend used to be a drug dealer. He has moved in with her. I took my 5 yr old granddaugher and she is now living with me.  I don't have a job but we will make it somehow. Sorry I had to unload on you.

Anonymous said...

I've had a few cats for pets but nothing like that happened.  Poor kitty. : (  I know it costs money to go the vet but I'd get a second opinion.  I've been to a vet that said those famous words "there's nothing we can do".  Then I went to another vet and they did do something and my pet was taken care of and got better.  
Steph

Anonymous said...

Bladder infections tend to make a cat do that. Cats are strange. If it hurts when they pee, which an infection does, then they will accosicate the litter box with the cause of the pain. My oldest cat refuses the litter box now. He has ever since he had an infection. The pain sounds right. He stops because he is yours and is responding to you.