Friday, November 12, 2004

Question

 

I have a question. does anybody have this same problem...

When I click on view comments there are some journals that open right up and some that wont open at all even if I made a comment.  I have found no rhyme or reason.

Is is something I'm doing wrong or is there something on our journals we can click to prevent others from looking at the comments.

I'm not tring to be nosey I like to see other responses and scan for other journals I might like to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we went to eat at Luby's I love lubys ...not sure why maybe  it's dejavu and takes me back to high school when I stood in line to get my food....<Remember those days.... I so looked forward to lunch because there was always a cute guy I would swoon over as I ate Ha! >

My eyes are always bigger than my stomach which isn't saying much since I had gastric bipass surgery 5 years ago and my stomach is the size of a thumb :-) We pigged out of course my kids wanted to eat the dessert first....there was a little fight about that I WON..  sort of :-)

NEWSFLASH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The news just said a mom was getting convicted for breast feeding her child...........oh well the small detail was she had just done crack cocaine so it went into her breat milk  DUHHHHHHH......

 

There should be a idiot test that all people should take before reproducing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SO back to lubys why does the tea or water taste so much better in those clear glass glasses...Is it the tingle on the ice...or the hypnotic click of the teaspoon as you stir in the sugar.  Of course if you live here in TEXAS they give you the choice of already sweet tea.

Like my behind needs more help...Thank you very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I guess I'm going to have to break down and start putting a food journal to pen and paper or maybe put it here who knows.

Dr B is upset with me for gaining weight and he is right I need to get a grip.  I'm an emotional eater.  I weighed 250  size 24 in 1999 b4 gastricbipass I got down to 113 size 3-4  2002 whoo hoo!!!

Well, one hysterectomy, job layoff, lack of exercise later I have gained about 35 lbs back  I'm so pissed at myself but not pissed enough to get off the couch and exercise. :-( I need to get modivated..

So I thought if I had to write in my journal what I eat maybe I would be more responsible. ...Right < I hear you guys laughing all the way here in texas :-)>

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a great website that will help you keep up all your calories. Its fitday.com.  I hope you like it!
cheryll

Anonymous said...

First answer to your question . . . some journals, like mine, have a ton of graphics in them, so it takes a long while for the actual journal to finish loading.  Therefore, when you go to hit "Add Comment" it won't let you because it's not "done" loading yet.  So, go into "Link to this Entry" which is a button right near "Add Comment" and it will bring you to a seperate screen where you can then hit "Add Comment" and there will be no more problems.  There you can also read other comments before you comment if you want to.  I only know this because I used to have this happen to me ALL the time!  Let me know if it works!

About the food diary, I think it's a good idea to have it on paper, just so you can keep track of everything you are putting in your mouth.  I know I don't "count" things that I just nibble on, such as when I am at work and I eat like 10 pieces of pepperoni as I am making the pizzas.  They do add up and maybe that's all you will need to do just so you are aware!  Oh, and GREAT JOB by the way losing all that weight!  Even 35 pounds heavier,  you are still much better than you were at 250!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure, that happens to me as well from time to time, I think it has something to do with just waiting for the whole journal to upload, just slow down girl!  Luby's hmm, don't have one in my neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

OMG....when we moved here to Florida, my family was in awe of the gallon sized jugs of sweet tea....and now they can not live without them! LOL....I ordered some exercise tapes to get some motivation. $60 worth of motivation....here's hoping! ;o)

Anonymous said...

oh i loved Luby's. used to go all the time when i was a kid. loved the macaronni and cheese. never found any better.
don't have Luby's here in california though. linda

Anonymous said...

Well ty for reading my journal and yes I used to be social worker, if your gonna do it, let me just tell you it's long hours and stressful hun. You deal with problem after problem if you choose to be a social worker with Children Services, I went to work when the kids were sleep and return at night when they were back asleep, but I will tell you I had seen alot, it makes you look at life much differently when you work with abused children. You wanna save them all and you can't. Its tough.
Ok about your gastric I am changing my Insurance to Kaiser and I am looking into gettin it, what do they require yo have in order to be approved for the procedure, cause I will be so depressed if I cant do it. Please email me at luvinmythreeboyz I have been waiting for the chance to meet someone that had it done. Well TTYL your journal pal Heather

Anonymous said...

Yes I have the graphic problem, how I solve it is I go through the whole FTP process again, I think sometimes it just gets retarded rofl. When I do it a second time it usually works.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I've not had that happen to me with journals.  I've had other funky things happen though.  Hopefully everything is working for you now.
Losing weight is tough.  Finding the energy to work out is hard.  I used to all the time back before I had a child.  You have 2 at home and have a part time job, ugh! :)  It sucks that the holidays and all the food that goes with it is right around the corner.  I always gain this time of year.
Steph