Wednesday, November 17, 2004

PISSED NEED HELP

Don't have a lot of time on the way to my job at the hospital.  I do have a quick question.

I'm so mad about this and need to know what to do.  Somehow when I send e-mails to people and I go into check my sent to delete excess sent stuff .........someone is sending hundreds of e-mails or spam to people via me.  I believe they call it a trojan although I 'm not up on the lingo.....

I have 2 types spyware system and norton antivirus ....Its the same place that does this it says something about saving thousands on your mortgage.

If someone could tell me how to get rid of this or even find it on my computer....

I wish they would send people who do stuff like this to jail I feel like its an envasion ...if they hopped in my car and took it for a joyride without my permission they would arrest them

All ideas welcome

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well how you get those is someone is going to ad based sites, and then they can attack your computer. Anyways the only way I know how to get rid of em is go through them block them. Or turn your spam blocker on high, but then that sametimes blocks people you want to get email from, anotherway is to turn on the spam blocker where you put on a list of who can send you emails and if there not on the list they cant get through alothough they get a message saying that they can't send you an email do they want to add a request to get on your email list, and you either give them permission or not, and spam people wont send a request I hope that helps. and if you put a list make sure I am on it lol
Your J-Land pal Heather

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have a trojan....I think someone has your password. Go to Keyword: Password and change it immediately (as well as any other screen names you have). You might want to call AOL as well, or go to the online help and tell them of the situation as they may temporarily shut down your account because of the "spamming". This happened to my daughter when she was 11....someone got her password and sent 1500 pieces of spam! I only found out when I tried to go online and it wouldn't connect. It just gave me an AOL number to call. That should clear it up for you....good luck! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nightmare.  I've never heard of that.  The couple comments below mine have some great ideas.  Calling AOL or blocking is a good idea.  I hope it gets cleared up soon.
Steph

Anonymous said...

Changing your password sounds like a good place to start. It happened to me a couple of months ago somehow through AOL pictures. I kept unsending all the mail that was going out but could not catch all of them. Finally i got a notice from AOL to change my password. And that seemed to fix it. Hope you get it figured out. Linda

Anonymous said...

Change your password. Do not store your password. Type it everytime. Do you have a firewall? You need that also. If it does not stop you will have to change your screenname also. Otherwise AOL will get you for spamming people. Call AOL and let them know.

Anonymous said...

I think someone got your password and is using your account. Have you tried AOL Help?  http://help.channels.aol.com/
Try the live customer help....but first change your password.
Candace