Sunday, November 28, 2004

Back to School

Hi ho Hi ho its back to school we go......

Yes it's that dreaded conversation I have with my children every sunday night....

Zach: <my 7 year old>Momma what days is it< he always puts "s" on things that shouldnt have "s"

ME: IT's sunday baby

Zach: do we have school tomarrow?

ME: yes

Zach: NOOOOOO!!!! I told you momma I'm already smart..

Me:Yes you are but you have to get smarter...

Zach: I'm already smarter..I told you....

Me: GO get your but into the bed..night  night  I love you!

Zach: huffing off ....whining the whole way

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

20 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach: Walks into living room...Momma I dont feel good

Me:why are you out of bed young man?

Zach: momma I'm sick I can't go to school tomarrow because I'm sick.... ok momma

Me:Where do you feel bad at????

Zach: I dont know I'm just sick so I can't go to school when I'm sick... right momma

ME: Your butt's fixing to be sick after I get the belt so get to bed......

yeah I said fixin  its a texas slang laugh all you want:-)

Zach: ok momma...<A pause and I can see the wheels a turning in his little mind.....> can I sleep in your bed for 1 minutes<smiles and looks at me with those sweet doe eyes...>

Me: ok 1 minute tell daddy I said it was ok

<yeah I'm a big push over I know>

I go back to typing my journal and in comes the 9 year old cameron

Cameron:<my 9 year old> momma.....

Me: What!

Cameron: I need my toe nails cut..

Me< laughing on the inside wandering how long he sat in his bed thinking that one up.>

Me: Let me see those toes....Dang son those toe nails are gross hand me those clippers....

ME: Don't ever let your toe nails get this long its not good for your toes

Cameron:<looking at me wide eyed> Really what will happen?

ME: Welll I'm not sure but you never know ......

its just not good..now give me a kiss and get your hiney into that bed..

Cameron:  Thanks mom I love you gives me a big kiss and a hug...

 

IF only all there problems were this easy to fix <sigh>

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee!  My son had the same problem last night.  He tossed and turned and finally fell asleep about 11:45 p.m.!  He is gonna be a bear this morning when I wake him at 7:45 that's for sure!!  But, then again, I didn't sleep well either.  Hate having that many days off of school/work!  Uggghhh!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!!! judi

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world hahahah. My 7 year old does that same crap, but every night, not because he doesnt want to go to school, but because he doesnt want to go to sleep, because he is afraid of missing something hahaha. Your sould like me with the WHAT!!!! thing. but my 7 year is gettin good about 20 or 30 minutes before bed he will act liike he is sick, and say well if I dont lay down I will be ok LOL. Don't these kids know we were young once and know everything they do before they do it? LOL OMG I remember when my mom used to say that to me!!! Your J-Land Pal Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, ha,ha!  The joys of being a mother. >:)  There will be a day my boy does that to me.  Toenails and hating school.  I can actually remember back when I was in kindegarten(sp?), begging my mom to keep me home from school.
Steph

Anonymous said...

I know what fixin' means lol. That was a sweet entry. Paula