Monday, November 29, 2004

mexican christmas

The Chipmunk Song

DAVE: All right you Chipmunks! Ready to sing your song?
CHIPMUNKS: I'll say we are!
ALVIN: Yeah!
DAVE: Let's sing it now!
Okay, Simon?
SIMON: Okay!
DAVE: Okay, Theodore?
THEODORE: Okay!
DAVE: Okay, Alvin? Alvin? ALLLLLLVVIIINNNNNNN!
ALVIN: OKAY!!!

Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast
Want a plane that loops the loop
Me, I want a hula hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late.

 

I remember when I first heard that song I was in the 3rd grade and had full blown mumps....I hurt so badly.My mom bought alvin and the chipmunks record to cheer me up ...Yes high scrilling voices that will make my ears feel better

Even time I hear that damn record I cringe with pain Ha!  Bad memories ..... must breathe ....slowly donna in and the out must breathe....

There much better...

So My living room offically looks like a mexican restaurant.......My husband gets very festive and decorative at christmas time...

First he puts up lights around the windows   Then...oh how about some garland...Looks nice honey I like that ........thennnnn how about around the fireplace..... ok now the doorway, and how about around into the other room....Oh my gosh he is a runaway lights and garland train.......

 

Meanwhile...... angel kitty is scoping out the tree...... circling ever so slowly....... just waiting for the first shiny thing she can pounce on....

Finally Randy gets finish and says with chest puffed out.... there honey what do you think..I look up blinded by the light...HUMM dont you think its a little much....ok he starts to look deflated..I'm begining to hurt his feelings so I say well now that I look at it I think I like it yeah kind of cool 

Looks great honey.... where is my margarita,chips and hotsauce..

 

Donna

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the Chipmunk song too; I guess I was in Jr. High when it came out.  The other day I had Christmas music playing on Yahoo, and there it was.  I said to my granddaughter, "I hate The Chipmunk song."  I'd skipped over it (you can do that with Yahoo music) and she wanted to hear it.  So, I downloaded it to let her hear it... and she began playing it non-stop!  I told her, "Enough, already!" so she left the computer... singing the song herself!

Anonymous said...

I just heard that song the other night driving to Walmart and I had to turn it off it was making my ears bleed!  Hee-hee!  Amazing what we find amusing when we are younger drives us insane when we are older!  And, it's nice to hear you have a hubby just like mine!  This is all for him:  Oooooo, AAAAHHHHH, So Beautiful!!!  You did a great job with the lights honey!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like me hahahahah I go crazy during the holidays too hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Chips and dip are here!

Anonymous said...

I used to love the Chipmunks as a kid.:)  I could see their voices not helping you out one bit.  Do you have pictures of the decorating your hubby did?  Just curious....and nosey, hee-hee.  I love seeing houses all decorated.
Steph

Anonymous said...

You are funny...this made me laugh!  Kristy

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds sweet and fun! Not too many men would get into decorating for Xmas!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Yep those chipmunks doesn't help the mumps at all, but it was a nice thought. Paula

Anonymous said...

great entry!!!!! judi