Wednesday, June 1, 2005

DR Appt.

Went to the Dr today...I was very apprehensive but he was very personalble..

My gut felt ok with him...I always listen to my gut..

He ask very interesting questions...questions that I dont remember my last Dr ever asking...

So I'm taking...Concerta and half a low dose of trazadone sp<antideppresant>? at night to help me sleep. I will take this for a week and meet back and let him know an update of how the meds effected me and we will go from there..

I have to admit one dose of the concerta has calmed my mind down...Not obsessing so much however it does energize me a little which I needed..I had become so lethargic and so unmodivated...I just feel calmer inside which is werid for me

I will give it a week if it works great ...if not.. at least I feel like he is the type of dr who is flexible and listens to me...

He also recommend I start back with my therapist again..He said meds alone arent the answer...<thought you would like that lisa<wink>>>

Something he said really threw me off though...

He looked at me and said do you realize how smart your are???

I looked at him like he was crazy!!! I said no I feel like a failure and stupid...

He said..you are...<he said this based on some the the stuff we talked about which I wont go into>

He said Donna you need to realize your potential its there I see it even with what you told that you realized as a small child tells me alot about your abilities...

It kind of shocked me no one had really told me that before..other than family who sometimes you think they just say it to make you feel better ya know..

Overall it was a good visit...

SO there you have it...boring story and all...

Probably more than you really wanted to know...

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thats so wonderful!! Im so glad you felt good with him andthe meds are helping you so far!! :( And it's also wonderufl tohear that he is being honest and telling you things about yourself that we all tend to forget when we are depressed and such...:) I hope it all works out for you!!

Anonymous said...

What a great visit!  I think you are smart, too, from what I read in your journal...!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to be validated by someone!?  I am sure you ARE smart, you have just been so used to putting yourself down for so many years, you have hidden that part away.  I hope this therapist/doctor keeps helping you and asking the right questions, so far so good, he sounds like a good one.  I never heard of Concerta or Trazadone though.  But, then again, I have been refusing meds since Emma was born so that's probably why.  As soon as they say it's an anti-depressant I turn my nose up at it.  That Concerta sounds like some good stuff though!  Might have to get me some just to calm me down from Emma!  ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think you are very smart. I think you have very smart boys too. Huggs girl Brandie

Anonymous said...

Glad the meds are helping....thats great....take care of urself
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

hoping hte meds work!  I always feel so much better on them...I feel like me!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo happy you finally made it to the Doc    sounds like things are getting a little brighter already   meds do work wonders!~kbear

Anonymous said...

HUn, I have been reading you for a while. I find you smart, funny, and pretty!