Monday, June 6, 2005

my cecy

Those of you who have been reading my journal for a while know about my friend cecy who died of breast cancer at 32..I have wrote about her off and on...

Well I have kept in contact with her husband off and on and have gone over and seen the kids..I promised cecy I would and I have...

SO....I ran into daniel at the end of school party...

We hug...I say how are you and he throws this out there..

Oh I'm getting married...

I knew he would eventually but it kind of shocked me a little....

I say a little shocked because the orignal shock was when he started dating 6 months after cecy died...

Cecy has been gone 2 years this last april...

I told him that I'm happy for him but that is does make me sad..... a little .....just reminds me that cecy is never coming back...

He got a little defensive with me saying well I'm lonely and the kids need a mother and cecy would want me to get remarried etc... etc..

I looked at him and said Daniel I'm not putting you down I know cecy would want you to remarry...

It's just a reminder of what is...

He said well I know I live it everyday..you don't have to visit it unless you want to...her being gone is constantly around me...

I told him your right that is true

Then he said oh and I'm selling the house...

I can't judge him....well I could but that is not fair...

I would like to think if I died my husband would be sad for longer than 6 months before he started looking again...

People say well he is a man and men don't like to be alone....Maybe that is true I'm not a man...<Last time I checked I wasnt a man >lol lol

I don't know how I would be if my husband died I haven't been though it..I havent walked down that road....

I really like his girlfriend and I know cecy would like her also....

In my heart I wish him well and I know that the boys need that mother type love....

So cecy just know that I still love you...and miss you and so does Daniel...

Life has gone on....has it should...just like you would want it to..

You were the most unselfish person I knew...

Until we met again...

All my love

Donna

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men need company...............

Anonymous said...

Life does go on!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Wow, having never experienced something like this I just don't know how hard this must be.  I feel for both of you.  I understand his need to move on and your need to remember her.  I am thinking of you today and hope you are feeling brighter!  Cece must have been a beautiful woman!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna in Texas. Thanks for visiting my Journal. I have been married 35 years this August 8th. I doubt I would ever marry again lonely or not. What I have with my Wife can not be duplicated but, I do know a number of guys who became widowed or divorced and didn't wait very long before they were married again. Grief and lonliness can do strange things to people. My Regards, Bill, "Comments on the events of my life".

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would have thought that someone would have waited longer. Sounds a little defensive like he is the only one that hurt. Brandie

Anonymous said...

It does seem a bit soon to date only six months afterwards..Im sure hes never goin got be able to replace her though..Just fill the lonliness up...:) And at least he DID get a good girl..Thats wonderful to hear!!

Anonymous said...

Being a widow myself I have been to a lot of support groups and met alot of widows and widowers at different functions. Most of the men I know haven't been able to take the loneliness as well as the women can. I have seen them even take the first woman that comes along and that sometime is not a good thing. I wish your friend's husband to have happiness in his new relationship. Paula

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine what one should or should not do in that situation. But being a man , I'm sure he feels he does "need" someone to take care of the kids and all.  So sorry about your friend, though, I do remember you speaking of her.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

That is a lot to deal with...I wonder why he is so defensive?  I wonder if deep down, he isn't feeling like it was soon, too...who knows?  You're right; until we go down that path, we don't know...JAE