Monday, June 6, 2005

special moments with zach 7 year old

I do enjoy my children as you can tell....in my entries...

I write more about my youngest because he is at that age of question asking...

Tonight as I lay beside him he started his questioning out of the blue

Zach: momma how old will I be when you die?

Me: chuckling Goodness baby I don't know why

Zach: will I be 10?

ME: No I think I will still be here

Zach: 15?

Me: honey I dont know...why do you worry about mommie dieing..

Zach: Because I would miss you..<he gets quite for a moment> but I would go to the graveyard and put a special flower on there and visit you

<boy did that cause a tug at my heart>

Me:what kind of flower would you put

Zach: hummm a rose or a pretty purple flower...but you wouldnt see it because you would be died right momma..

<these are his words and sometimes he get the tenses confused>

Me: oh I would see it

Zach: are angels real...

Me: I believe in angels...

Zach:angels ,fairies,monsters....angels are fairies

Me: well not really..... fairies arent real

Zach: but the tooth fairy is real right momma

<opps almost got busted there...so I had to scramble >

ME: oh yeah well she is real..but she is the only one..

Zach:yeah...

Zach: dinoraus are they real?

Me: well they once were but they all died

Zach: yeah there xstint <how he pronounced it>

Me:yeah

Zach: what does xstint mean??

ME: it means that all the dinosaurs died and there are no more..

Zach: they all died except alligators

Zach: alligators.... they are dinosaurs

Me: no alligator arent the same as dinosaurs..there in a different family

Zach: yeah..but you have meat eaters and plant eaters...

didnt they momma..long necks they eat plants...

Me: yeah they did...

Me you need to go to sleep sweetheart..<kiss>

Zach:  I love you to infinity times infinity...

Me: Yeah but know what? I love you more

Zach: mom you cant love me more!!!...... there is no more passed infinity..

Me: oh yes there is momma knows...Its a secret infinity

zach: really

Me: moms know these things...we know everything

Zach: yeah your smart momma right?

Me: Thanks right baby I'm smart..

Me: Go to sleep young man..sweet dreams

Zach: momma?

Me: What zach youneed to go to sleep....

Zach: maybe morrow we go to the pool

Me: maybe I'll think about it..

Zach:momma?

Me: zach momma is tired ok ..I need my beauty sleep

Zach: momma your already beautiful..

Me : oh thanks baby.. night night

Zach:yawns...night night..

 

gee his brain was running on high speed tonight..

You like the way I save the tooth fairy...dang I almost thought I screwed up

Good night...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHEW!!..HAHA..That WAS a close one..LOL...My daighter has brought up death to me too...I hate talking about it, but I let her know that I'll be older than HER grandma is NOW, lol, so that's basically FOREVER in her eyes!! HAHA

Anonymous said...

Oh kids................Donna you are so lucky still to have young ones..........

Anonymous said...

I was busted doing the tooth fairy thing....I thought the girls were asleep and I went to put money under Terina's pillow and Jenna was awke...she told me she all ready knew!
Becky

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love these entries :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my place Donna. Wonderful examination of children's curiosity about life and death. Many parents are so reluctant to talk about death with children, they think it will scar or frighten them if they talk about death and dying. IN my 17 years of teaching death was by far the number one topic that kept popping up at snack, lunch, group time, and in their play. It may be frightening for US adults (hey I'm not ready to check out) but children need someone to work these questions out with. Sounds like Zach was perhaps delaying bedtime a tad? Great strategy!

Anonymous said...


When my son was only four, I remember him asking about his Grandma.

"Is Grandma "over the hill"?

"Well, do YOU think your busy Grandma is "over the hill"?  I asked.

"NOOOOO.  I think she just right on TOP of the hill!!!"

She'll be glad to hear it, I thought.  lol

http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

Anonymous said...

I think I was about that age when the concept of mortality hit me.  My parents were so much older than everybody else's.  I asked the same kind of questions your little tyke did -- but I was crying and scared.  All my said ma said was "God decides that -- not me."  Gee.  You could have at least tried to comfort me!!  They're both still around and in their late 70's and they wonder why I never visit.

SIGH

Russ

Anonymous said...

Awe!  I love ZACH'S conversations!  He is a precious one.  Hold on to him and don't let him grow up.....too soon.  -  Barbara