Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Frusutrated

So you all know my frustration with the Dr I have been going to...

So I went today..and I have decided I will probably keep going to him for a while but I will not take my son back..My 10 years old is adhd

This guy is suppose to specialize in kids but get this...

--His waiting room has no toys or anything remotely close to looking like a child...

--When I met with DR by myself he was ok but when my son was with me..The DR acted weird...different than when he was meeting just me

the Dr acted nervous..like he didnt want my kid around

--He kept telling my son to not interrupt me.. my son was just adding to what I was saying about him ....because we were meeting about him <my son> 

--My son started acting really strange when we were in there anxious...like he wasnt comfortable..

so I took it as first time jitters...

Today he told my son to not put his foot up in the seat..

It was the way he talked to him..like he hated kids...

This guy told me he specialized in kids..Good grief

I went in and told him I was pissed off because I felt that the school did not want to deal with my son adhd...

They complained about his hyperness so after a few years I gave in and medicated him...He seemed to do better and now they say he is flat and seemed depressed..now we wont to start him on antidepresants..I will not

So I didnt give him anymore antidepresants after twos days

I said shit they can't have everything..I said before he was medicated the only complaint was he couldnt stay in his seat...other than that he was a funny kid with energy

The Dr looked at me and said sounds like your frustrated..I said yes and started to tear up..

He said well take him off everything then...

and I can see him in 3 weeks..

I just looked at him..I thought ok that its you dont want to talk to me about it...He said you probably need to take him to a therapist...Its like he was brushing me off since he couldnt make any money off me..<that is just my feeling>

PFFTT.. I just took him to a play therapist that he loved but... she didnt teach me a damn thing about how to help my son...

Then He started talking about my meds while my son was in the room which was weird I thought

I tried to tell him that being on this Ritalin is fine but I  get very upset and cranky after so many hours..also I get weepy after a few hours

He said well when the ritalin wears off you will get that way so you may need to take it twice a day instead of once... it sounds like you doing good so I will see you in 3 weeks.. I thought WTF He didnt even want to really talk to me about it..

This is why I didnt even want to go see another Head DR...Good ones are hard to fine...and I hate the freaking weeding out process...

This makes me want to not put my kids in school and just home school...

If your the type of patient that just wonts  to walk in get your prescription and leave then this DR  is for you..but if you want to make you life better forget it..

There is more than just meds you need to work on other things that can on the whole make you a better able person to deal with life and your illness whatever it may be...

I wish I could afford to put my son in a private school specific for adhd..

If anybody knows any good website...or books on adhd let my know...

Or a good child psychirist in Dallas are or suburbs let me know

Sorry about the rambling but I had to vent...

Breathe Donna Breathe

Yeah I know my spelling is crappy but AOl wont pay to have spell check...Idiots...

Damn I'm gripey

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gripe away!

I though as soon as I read that he was talking about his condition in front of him, that it was weird, very unprofessional.

Anonymous said...

That is very frustrating. Sorry :(
Niki

Anonymous said...

This man needs to go!!!  I will see what I can find out about Dr.'s in the area...you know we aren't too far from each other.  I'm sorry this happened...it stinks!!
Hope you are feeling better!!
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

Anonymous said...

donna, do you read Madmanadhd"s journal--maybe you could get some help from it.

Anonymous said...

You need to open up a can of extra-strength"Angry Bitch" on this a-hole!!  I wish I could have been in the room with you and intimidated the F out of him.  I've got practice.  Russ

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest Madman's - Michael's - journal too.  I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you.  Here is the link...
http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto
How frustrating.  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

He sounds worse than awful.  I hope you can find a physician that will take care of you both, better.  His cavalier attitude towards meds sounds ineffective and dangerous.  It sounds like he dispenses cookie cutter advice.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  ~Sie