Friday, May 13, 2005

damn it

I had my meeting with the advisor yesterday..I left excited at maybe getting to pursue something I enjoy....

Reality sat in though...

He told me I lack 33 hours to have my bachelor<I have an assoicates and am partway to bachelor> which could be done in an year

That was good I thought...

I asked how much it was costing these days to go to unt in Denton...

Get this.. Around 600-700 a class or per 3 hours...which doenst include books or anything else they tack on...

Yeah do the math    5670.00 for just the classes and books well they cost more than the classes sometimes..

Once I finish my bachelor then to get a masters I have to go to a different college that is even more expensive..and that will take 2 -4 years...

SO it's not going to happen unless I win the lottery or a rich realitive comes along .....we don't have any rich realitives..

I feel like a loser.....

I have a degree in Dental Hygiene but I dont use it because I'm to afraid to take the test for licensure..

And I don't want to be a dental hygienist ...it was something I picked at 20 because of my boyfriend<yeah I was young and dumb>

Yeah I was a stupid bitch...never doing what I wanted to do always doing what other people want...so I have 150 colleges hours and what does it get me

nothing but a pretty little piece of paper to put on my wall

Let me rephrase that an expensive fancy piece of paper..

I'm very down about this....

I suck always spinning my wheels but never getting anywhere and its my fault.....

Donna

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do anything you set your mind to..never give up!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, financial aid? Brandie

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better you are not alone.  I am right there with ya frustrated as hell!  I gave up finally because we cant afford to pay daycare will I attend school. Don't give up like I did...amke it happen!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

donna...just happened to read your journal today....and wow....are you ever wrong about you and your degree!  first of all, there are so many of us who admire those of you who went on to get a degree after high school.....and just the experience of going to college and graduating is something that you must be proud of....can't you see the accomplishment?  and how it has shaped you into the person you are today?  and honestly donna, how many people go thru school, get a degree, and then go on and do something else that has nothing to do with what they studied?    by the way, i wish I had a fancy piece of paper :)

...and i'm sorry..but i'm going to give you a kick in your pants.....stop and take an inventory of your life, your achievments...how lucky you are with the life that you have created for yourself....  stop looking for the next thing that might make you feel worthwhile or happy or good about yourself....you need to feel good about yourself cause YOU ARE GOOD...period.  and don't tell your kiddos that mommy never got anywhere....cause they worship the ground you walk on (as does your husband)......

and with all this said...i'm sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped it would...and i love you....kristy





Anonymous said...

(((Donna)))
I think you are being way too hard on yourself.
It's OK. You're OK.
Huggs,
Niki

Anonymous said...

You are NOT a loser, and you are NOT stupid...your circumstances (money issues) are deciding your fate, not YOU.  Your time will come.  JAE

Anonymous said...

Well, first of all you are so far from Loserville!  That;s a whole lotta money if you ask me, friggin rip off!  I wouldn't want to be a dental hygenist either, mouthes are disgusting...who grows up and says I want to stick my face in people mouthes...or crotches for that matter, LMAO..atleast some people do it, cuz we need it, but still ick!  And feet doctors, podiatrists or whatever, that's sick and dermatologists, oh man I could go on and on about Doctors I wouldn't want to be!

Anonymous said...

I must have clicked on the wrong journal alert...cause u are definately not a loser Donna....U have achieved many goals in life...being a wonderful wife and mother....to name a few....Keep ur head held high girl...i know ur kids and hub are proud of you....and in time...it will happen ~ never give up!!!! The cost of college is ridiculous....i agree with Brandie...maybe seek financial aide..?...just a thought.... know we are always here for ya girl... Hugss... ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

What about finicial aid? Have you applied for that?

Anonymous said...

School is so fricken expensive!  I understand why your bummed girl but there's got to be something out there that will make you happy.  When you hit a brick wall it just means there's a different route.  
I made my journal public for all to see.:)  So visit whenever you want.:)
Steph
http://journals.aol.com/poetmom1968/Livingfromtheheart

Anonymous said...

Don't give up if you really desire to achieve your goals   try financial aids or check into grants   there's got to be a way!~kbear   p.s.   you're NOT a loser!

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up!!!  I too have lots of classes and credits just sitting there gathering dust.  I don't feel guilty about it though.  I don't ever want to go back to school, EVER!  If you want it bad enough, you will do it.  If there is doubt and you can't make it work, well then, choose another avenue.  There is nothing written in law that says you HAVE to go back to school.  I am sure there are other things you have dreamed of doing that don't require so much time and money to get to.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

We're all young and stupid bitches at 20.  I sure was.   Hugs, Russ