Friday, May 6, 2005

Mother's day gift...

My oldest son Landon...<23 year old> called me tonight..

Ask me if I was going to be home he had a mothers day gift for me...

This is the child that never even remembers my birthday...so you can see that I was thrown off guard a little

I said really.....That's nice..

He said ...ITs a rose bush..I want you and I to plant it together...

all together now...AAAAAWWWWHHHHHH!!!!!

YEs I was touch....

so

he came over showed me the bush and even bought rose bush food...<.I hope I dont kill it I know nothing about rose bushes so I'm open for help here>

So me the hubby and all three boys go to bennigans to eat...Were eating chatting and I ask the big question like the typical woman..

SO landon what made you get me a rose bush???

Well <HE paused>They were on sale and we had a bunch....

I looked at him and I said son you just screwed up a chance to make some really big points with me.....

He smiled....That smile that says ah ha I got you mom.....

Yes he was playing with me as I was with him by asking the question....

Motherhood......so much harder when they are grown....but I've said that before...

 

Donna

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is tooo funny!  Rory and I (my brother) bought my mother 20 rose bushes...lmao....and we have 5 guys from our work crew are going to come plant them on Sunday afternoon for her...lol...she wouldnt let us plant them anywya...lol...we might kill em...lol

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am in the kiddy stage.. does it really get harder? Please say no, I don't think I have much sanity left right now.LOL Brandie

Anonymous said...

Landon sounds like he has a wicked sense of humor.  Of course I admire that!!  Enjoy the roses, Donna!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

OH I am grinning from ear to ear, what a great Mothers Day moment.  You must be proud, lol.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Awww...thats awesome..and yes, we get trickier by the year..My brother (27) does that to my my mom a lot now, and she never sees it coming..LOL..((:))

Anonymous said...

Cute entry. Happy Mother's Day to you. Paula

Anonymous said...

What a sweet son you have. I know a little about roses,  I know you trim them back when they are not blooming....to make them grow better. Sorry i'm not much help either !!
Happy Mothers Day.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

lol, he got you!  Still, very thoughtful of him though.
Lovely Mothers Day present :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift. Every year, every time it blooms you will be reminded not only of his love for you, but that you raised him to be a good shopper!!
Candace

Anonymous said...

How sweet....i love the name Landon....i wanted that name for a lil' boy if we ever had one...but someone in my hubs family stole it!!..
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Sweet boy!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww!  That was so sweet!!!  And, I know I've told you this before, but I absolutely love the name "Landon"!!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful your son remembered Mother's Day!
Give the rose water every day!!!
And Have a Wonderful Mother's Day!
Linda