Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Grandma and step mom

This is my stepmom and meemaw...

I love them very much..

My grandmother is 85 I think and I have decided that she is going to live forever...

I told her this and she laughes....She is amazing

She mows her own lawn

drives herself still and a very good driver

very independent

I used to spend summers with her and paw paw sometimes...

I remember as a little girl I used to brag about her it my friends..

I would say I went to spend the summer with my meemaw and she is the treasure of city hall...she has a office and can type really fast...she is the boss of everybody...

My freinds would say ohhh and awwhh and I would puff my little chest out and walk away....

I thought she was the smartest ,bravest,kindest meemaw in the world....

I grew up and I still brag about her...she amazes me...

she thinks I dont notice things but I do...

I noticed how she took care of my pawpaw with alzehimers

never once did she put him in a home eventhough we begged her to...she loved my pawpaw and belived in her vows in sickness and health...

she moved from her home that she lived' in for about 50 or so years<Im guessing not sure on the exact years> to be closer to my dad..

She did this at age 78...

Funny Story about meemaw...

she fell one day and hit her leg on the concrete porch we took her to the ER...got xrays on it

The er doctor was very good looking...

I made a comment to my stepmom about the Dr being good looking and my meemaw said

uuuhuhh!!!!     in agreement with me about the DR being good looking..

I laughed...she said I may be old but I'm not dead ...or something to that effect...my memory fail s me to the exact words...

I tell her all the time she needs her a feller....she laughs and says that would be nice but all the guys my age are in bad health...

I said well get you a younger feller.....we laugh..

I call her everyweek...we talk...... well ok I talk and she listens..

I blab about stupid stuff that probably bores the hell out of her..

She justs listens...I love her for that...

everytime I see her she thanks me for calling her and tells me to send her email because she love to read them...

I will miss her when she is gone...I tell her that it will be her jobto watch over me from heaven...

She says you know I will so you better act right!! lol

I am flattered to have someone who loves me so much

I hope that when I 85 I can be as wonderful a person as she is...

 

I love you meemaw...

Call you later

Love your grandaughter

Donna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heart felt entry... You MeeMaw looks great for 85... My own grandmother will be turning 88 this July!  She is doing really well for her age too... Your MeeMaw should get herself a younger feller :D
~Jennifer~

Anonymous said...

sHE Sounds wonderful! Wish I had a memaw like that!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry. It is so special to be able to have someone like that in your life. My grandma died at a young age of Lou Gerigs (Spelling ??) disease. I have wonderful memories of her.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great meemaw!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...what a cute and wonderful memaw you have...this entry made me tear up...i'm really missing my grandma...she passed away 6yrs ago at the young age of 68....you are truely blessed Donna....cherish the moments you spend with her...she has a great sense of humor....and what can be any cooler than to have a memaw in her 80's that enjoys internet access...hehehe... Hugss... ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

What a lovely relationship you have with your Meemaw :o)
I'm sure she loves when you call her, loves to listen to you talk about everything.  And I'm betting she never ever finds it boring!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I loved your telling us this...cuz I'm a granddad