Saturday, May 14, 2005

why do I bother

So I invited my sister her kids and my oldest to come over and have supper...

I say about 6:00 or so....oldest son showed up on time ..

Landon and I ran to walmart to pick up something I forgot and who is in walmart my sister..

I said are you not coming over for supper...she said yeah after my pictures get developed...in an hour..

well she is already feaking late...

So I go back and work on supper they come over...

AS always doesnt help with much...she will ask what she can help with and I will tell her and she somehow always ends up not doing it...

My oldest son is sitting on his ass watching dumb nascar..

SO we finally sit to eat...nobody helps clean the kithen...

they sit for about 30 minutes and then leave...

so me and hubby clean up the kitchen...

Why do I bother....Assholes...

I wont do it again....

I have some of the most selfish family members....I wont bother with them again..

Do they ever bother to help with the food nope...nothing nada..

Who is the dumb ass here me.....<sigh>

Donna

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH....i'm sorry Donna...that sux...we always try to help out at one anothers homes in our family...of course it's usually the same ones doin all the cleanin up...i wouldn't do it again either...unless they start doin their share..
((((((((((((Donna)))))))))))))))  ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Oh so rude.  If it makes you feel better i usually get stuckwith the cleaning and cooking but I would prefer the cooking part.  Sorry.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Read my newest in my journal. I am so going through this right now with my sister. Brandie

Anonymous said...

I thought when you invited guests for a meal that you are providing everything, unless you ask them to bring something at the time of the invite?  But, they shouldn't be late.....or should call to say they will be.  And any properly raised person will offer to help clear the table, rinse a dish, etc. so all can visit afterward.  My husbands family never lifts a finger when they are here.  I used to always do so at their houses, but now I just do as the mood strikes me.  Sorry your evening was a disappointment! -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Donna,     First, anyone who shows up late for something your hosting is rude and disrespectful. I completely hate that. Second, to not get up and help, especially after dinner is also disrespectful. Sorry it was such a bad time.
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

Sorry it turned out to be a rotten evening. *Louise*

Anonymous said...

You bother because you care.
Sorry it was such a bust.
Hope you have a better day today.
Take care-
Niki

Anonymous said...

dang...sounds like some people I know...JAE

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have them over any time soon either!  Ungrateful people!!!  Sorry it went this way sweety!  :(
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You were nice to invite them. They should have tried to be on time and certainly should have offered to help clean up. They may miss it when you don't invite them again. Paula