Wednesday, May 4, 2005

sharing info

Got this off a group I belong too..I looked my name up yaakkees

 

Good Evening All:

The Internet is becoming too powerful as far as I am concerend. I checked on myself ,  Ruth, and our
children, etc., and all are listed.

I am sending this to everyone in my address book, and I urge all of you to do the same.  Check to see if your name is in this Zabasearch database, which also includes addresses, phone numbers and birth dates.  If it's there and you want it removed, send them an e-mail at info@zabasearch.com to request it.

They will be launching this site in May for EVERYONE to see!!!  I don't know how our names are appearing there, but I checked my own and a few other random ones, and they are all in this database!  Please send this on to all your friends and family ASAP!

To check, log on to www.zabasearch.com.

After opting out at info@zabasearch.com by

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you one place they got the information.  I checked my name and found it listed with a middle initial that is only used on my voter registration.  Everywhere else I use the first initial of my maiden name.  However, they have me listed with a phone number that has never been mine.  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I checked and I am on that list and so is my husband. Yikes....

Anonymous said...

Wow!  There are people there been dead for 10+ years, people there I know have never used a computer, people there I know have never been registered to vote......they obviously have a multiple datasource.   At least it looks like you have to pay for more than name, address, phone and birthdate.   Thankfully I am registered in the national "do not call registry", I have a permanent marker for marking mail "Return to sender" and there is always a loaded shotgun handy.  -  Barbara  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I am going to put this on my journal too. Brandie

Anonymous said...

I sent them an email to remove my husband and i from the list....sheesh...i don't want people knowin all the info about me...thanx girl
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna   who the hell are these people and where did they get our info?   what right do they have to put it on there?   i'm on the list although some of the info is incorrect   this was too eerie!   thanks again!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I'm not on it, being in the UK, but my cousin and her family - who live in the US - are all on there!!  Will tell her about this straight away!
Sara   x