Tuesday, May 10, 2005

watching the news

so I'm watching the news and its says it is trying to require all principals to be required to speak and be fluent in spainish..because the hispanic people cant understand english...

Ok this pisses me off...

The hispanic lady says I would like the principals to speak spainish so I could speak to them when it concerns my sons..

Well here is a update lady you are in america we speak english...

You decided to live here...you knew when you came here 'this was an english speaking country..

So learn english...

now before you comment know I have friends that arent from the united states and all of them speak english along with there native tongues...

they are not citizens they are over here working legally and payint taxes etc.....

This also pisses them off..

they say if you want to live in a certain country your learn that countries language.....

simple as that...

I think it is great that people are bilinqual..

I speak spainish...not well but I try...

We give free english lessons all over in the

places schools,colleges etc....

hispanics are catered to in all kinds of way in this state...

I'm all for helping others but when they start demanding  and whinning..I draw the line...

i say make it mandiatory for that lady to learn english at the same time the principal learns spainish....

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "F&CKING" MEN Sista Friend!!!!!!  Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

This has been bothering me lately. I took Spanish in school. I can speak enough to get by sometimes. However, I work retail, and all I hear all day is PA announcements in Spanish because most of our customers only speak Spanish. And then the managers want us to learn certain phrases in Spanish to greet the costumers. I don't remember when I was hired that it was required to be bilingual. I'm starting to feel like I am the one that is the minority in our own country...
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!!!!!  I whole-heartedly agree.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree!!!!  LMAO@ Stacy's comment...ya'll crack me up....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Yeah, could you see us going to another country, and insisting they speak English????  Although from what I hear other nations speak it pretty well...but why can't they speak it when they are here??

Anonymous said...

Hey, if we were in Mexico, do you think we'd have to know spanish? Absolutely Brandie

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you.  However, as a side item of interest...... some people in Europe have a real attitude about Americans, because when we TRAVEL in their countries, we expect them to speak english to us.  They think we are very arrogant... and in that respect, they would be right.  According to an aquaintance in Holland, english is a mandatory second language in the schools.

Anonymous said...

AMEN HEAR HEAR!  We have a construction compnay and it pisses me off when our guys act like they understand what i am saying....

Kelly

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I agree totally with this!
If I were ever to live in another country, I would make sure I learned the language before I went.  My Great Grandmother didn't speak a word of English when she first came here, and was never able to learn very much, but she didn't expect everyone to start speaking Russian, she just got on with it as best she could!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I used to believe how you do, but I have changed my views.  I still feel that people that come to America should learn English at least to get by in life, BUT, I do feel that the school aged children should learn Spanish as a language starting in elementary school.  I know, I know, it's not "fair" or it's not "right", but hey, it's the way of the world!  No use complaining about it or being upset, it's just the way it is, right or wrong.  My children's school system starts Spanish in 1st grade and it carries all the way through to 7th grade where they take 1/2 a year of Spanish and then 1/2 a year of French.  Then in 8th grade they get to choose which language they want.  But, by the time they are in 7th grade, they know enough Spanish to be able to read it or to understand at least a little of it in the real world.  I wish I had that opportunity personally.  
Hugs and love, Lisa