Saturday, April 16, 2005

2 appointment

 

I had my follow up appointment today...There was a 4 semi wreck on highway 75 so I spent an hour sitting on the interstate because they had closed it down....

Needless to say I was almost 45 minutes late to my appointment..

When I drove up to the eye doctors they was only one car in the parking lot and I thought damn noone is here..

I went in and funny thing was that the DR was also caught in the traffic jam so he was an hour late to the office...lol

They took me back and had me read a chart..I read 20/20..

They took out what they call the bandage contacts which are basically soft contacts with no prescription in them...

told me I needed some good sunglasses...If I bought them there they would give me 20% off but that I could buy them anywhere I wanted to....

The DR that looked at my eyes must of been the associate Dr and boy was he good looking lol

I tryed on some sunglasses for fun but didnt buy any...It's weird wearing regular sunglases..

About 3 oclock my eyes felt tired so I layed down to rest them..

As I layed there I thought what do blind people do??? ...they can't see so there is no tv watching or looking at the sun,birds...computer...

I just thought how lucky and blessed I was to have sight....

Anyway the good looking DR said each week my sight would get more and more crisper..

So I have a follow up appointment next week..

I want to thank each and everyone of you that read my journal and comment...You guys really make my day...I want to tell you that you are special to me...I think of you guys often during the day...

It makes me smile when I get a comment because I know I'm not alone you guys are with me...thank you for all you do....I love you being a part of my world

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to tutor blind students when I was in college. You forget they are blind very quickly.  I would much rather be blind than Deaf.  It is much harder to not be able to communicate easily and quickly with other people....although the Deaf have a thriving and vibrabt culture of their own. I am just glad that I have both my hearing and sight right now.

Anonymous said...

How exciting about your eyes and new sight. And Your Welcome, I like sharing your world with you... Linda

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the follow-up went well, and a hottie DR to boot !!! A bonus. Now I think you need a new picture in your "about me" section, without the glasses !!!!!!!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

In answer to your question, I was a CPS worker in the Special Sexual abuse unit for a year and a half. I carried about fifty cases--leagally I was supposed to have about fifteen. I was at the hospital a great deal.  Sometimes the police called us.
Before that I was a counselor at an urban runaway shelter. This was much less stressful, but the pay was only a little about minimum wage.
  Social work is a great career for a loving person, but the burnout rate is astronomical, the caseloads way heavier than they should be, and the pay sucks.  :-(  I was lucky that it was not my career choice but something I was doing on the way to medical school. My degrees were in psychology and anthropology and sociology, not social work.
   I still have nightmares about the things I saw as a protective worker.  My hats are off to the workers who still deal with this.
lots of love,
Kas

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for being able to see 20/20 already!!!  WOW!  I would have hated being stuck in that traffic and probably would have smoked about 1 pack of cigs just out of anxiety!  Glad the doc was late too though!  PHEW!  Now is the time to get some really cool sunglasses!  I get mine at Marshalls, they are much cheaper than buying them anywhere else, AND they are name brand!  BONUS!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!   20/20  awesome!!  
Isn't J-land a great place with all these fun people?  :)
Michele

Anonymous said...

Your attitude is great!  I used to quiz myself about which sense I would miss more:  sight or hearing?  I've settled on sight even though I love music so much.  I'm lucky to have both -- and you reminded me of that.  Thank you.   Russ

Anonymous said...

So glad your follow up appointment went so well, good for you my dear :o)
Sara   x