Monday, April 4, 2005

Eye DR Appt

Went to the eye Dr I was there 2 hours...I do say they really checked your eyeballs out..

They said my eyes were in great shape and my vision hadn't change in 3 years. I  was shocked

it hadnt changed....

They say I qualify for the surgery if I pass the next test...My corneas are on the thin side so if the next reading says too thin then it's a no go.

It really doesn't matter to me if they say I can't get it...I like my glasses but I want to see better

Part of me  hestitates because its going to cost 3400.00 for the surgery...

I'm just not sure I want to go into that much debt right now..

If I choose to have the surgery then I would probably have to work and I really want to be home for the kids....

I will talk to hubby tonight...

When I think about 3400.00 dollars I think about how I could get wood floors for that or pay off another debt.

Or I think how many years will I have to pay for it...kind of makes me nauseaus..

I dont like being in debt anymore than I have to scares me...

I think its from living single with a child for so long before I married the hubby...

It was always just my income alone and it was very hard...There were days of well do I pay electric bill or do we eat...very frustrating...

I guess I have never forget how much I hated living like that and fear keeps me from living that way again....

I did go ahead and make an Appt for the surgery April 15 just to keep a spot..

So there you have it.

Donna

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo whooo!!!  good for you!!  I understand about debt!
Becky

Anonymous said...

So glad your eyes tests were good.  I know my vision has deteriorated - I must book another eye test.

Anonymous said...

We had some tricky times just before and just after J was born, financially.  I understand about not liking to be in debt!!  Things are better for us now, but I don't have credit cards, loans of any sort or even a cheque book these days, I don't want to go there again!!!  Hope you get to have it done, if it means you'll be able to see better :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I hate having to make choices, and of course, it's a natural part of life.  There's a certain type saddle I'd love to have, but it's $1,200.  I want to vacation in Colorado this summer with my husband, which wouldn't cost nearly that much.  I have a saddle that's just fine, only it's old.  The choice is obvious.  The problem is, I want it ALL.  I'll wait on the saddle.

Anonymous said...

I wear reading glasses and have thought about the surgery, but I'm a coward.
Candace

Anonymous said...

Isn't it time to think about YOU for a change?  I do the same thing though, if I want something for myself, I rationalize all the other things that people in the house need or that the house needs before I will get what I need.  But, it will be wonderful to see without glasses won't it?!  I think it's worth the money!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa