Friday, April 15, 2005

I survived

I have one word for this wavefront lasik lazor surgery..

WOW!!!!!

It hasn't soak in that I don't need my glasses yet...I have worn glasses since the 4th grade and if you do the math that is 35 years....

I took a nap today like they suggested and when I woke up the first thing I did was reach for my glasses and couldnt find them ..I thought crap where did I put my glasses and I realized oh yeah I don't need them..

The surgery wasnt hard at all..I was a little scared but I felt nothing no pain during the procedure which took a whole 10 minutes...It has been 12 hours since and still no pain at all..My eyes felt tired this morning right after...like when you have been up all night and need sleep...but that went away..

Tomarrow I go back and he removes the contacts he put over my eye to protect it and I don't have to wear the goggles anymore...both goggles and contacts were just to aid in helaing and protect me from inadverdantly touching or rubbing my eyes...

They say your vision gets sharper each week and right now my vision is pretty dang sharp...

right now I'am totally impressed and am anxiously waiting for the weeks to pass to see how things go..

I apprecitate all the prayers and good wishes....

Thank you all my journal on line friends you guys rock!!!

Donna

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that it went good! I do wish I could have it done. I was told my retina is stretched too thin and something about my corneas, can't remember what.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is wonderful!!!! I'm so happy for you...
Continue to have a great weekend! Linda

Anonymous said...

WOW thats great news D!!!  Congrats on the "new" eyes!!!!  Glad everything went well!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Awesome!  Congrats on your "new" eyes!  Keep getting better!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your "New Outlook."
Gabreael
http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/


Anonymous said...

so glad everything turned out well.daughter in law had  it too and is so pleased with it!!

Anonymous said...

Great News !! So glad it all went well. Must feel really strange not to need your glasses !!!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

so glad it was so easy!!!  whoppeee!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!!  Must be fantastic to not need glasses anymore, after all those years.  I'm thinking you'll be waking up and reaching for them for quite a while, lol, it will make you smile every morning ;o)  So glad it went well.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome!!!!
Hugss ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. Glad that everything turned out okay and you felt no pain.

Anonymous said...

I wore glasses since I was in second grade and I hate them.  I have really thought about having the same procedure done, but I have been kinda scared to do it.  After reading your entry I will really consider it.  No more glasses you are so lucky!!!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

WOW!  That sounds like a wonderful procedure!  I cannot believe you had no pain at all and that you are already able to see normally!!!  Incredible!  I am so happy you decided to do this!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  Time to go shopping for some new makeup to bring out your beautiful eyes woman!  :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!  I am happy for you. I will be sure to share your experience with anyone who is thinking of doing this!

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!  Glad everything went well and you are doing fine!  :)
Michele

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna-
Wow, how brave you are to get this surgery done. Congrads to you on your bravery and your medical success. I also wear glasses and have no for about 4 years. I am a total chicken to have this procedure done, but my eyesight is no where near the severity as yours was. I enjoyed very much reading your story and details of how well you are doing.

I will include you in my prayers as well and know we will be the best of friends her on J-Land as we said before!! LOL

Take care,
Gayla