Friday, April 1, 2005

The pea story

I hate peas and I hate you!!!!

She only thought this in her head because she knew she would be slapped away from the table if she said this out loud...

You can't get up from that table untill you eat all those english peas you hear me!!!!!!

...Her DAD got up from the table with his chest puffed out and walked away..

Tears streamed down her face...Just hurry up and eat them so you can go play her mother said softly..

I can't she said to her mom they make me sick I hate them....sobbing into her napkin...

20 minutes later..You know  your dad is going to come back and he expects those peas gone..

Gingerly she picks up one pea and sits it on her tongue gagging and spewing....she tryed to swallow them like pills maybe she wouldnt taste them..no luck

If I could just eat them fast she thought them I can get up...But she knew there was noway...

eventually her Dad came in and said alright you can get up....go play outside

FLASH FORWARD 34 years later

The scene spring break vacation 2005..

My stepmom had made a great meal....conversation was this

Stepmom: did you like the supper.

Me yeah it was really good...

stepmom:  looks down on my plate...... to the side of my plate I had picked out ....you guessed it my PEAS...

Me: I dont like a lot of peas in my stuff

Stepmom: Laughes out loud yeah I heard the story of when you were a little kid thats what makes the peas on the side of the plate more funny..

I laughed your right it is funny now...and now you know the rest of the story

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee!  I remember those days SOOO well!  I one had to eat the extra ketchup I accidently poured on my plate with a SPOON while my father got up from the table and threatened me.  I sat there for 2 hours and finally fell asleep laying next to the darned ketchup on my plate!  Why do parents do this to us?!?  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I remember the Ham sandwich I was made to finish... I sat there for hours. UGH.   Cute story.
I LOVE peas !!!!!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I have never fully understood vegetable aversion...I love veggies, ESPECIALLY peas!  But my sister spent many hours of her childhood falling asleep at the table over veggies and liver!  I ate EVERYTHING on my plate, and then some!  JAE

Anonymous said...

My Dad was never around for dinner, worked two jobs when I was growing up.  Mom never made us finsih our plates, and we pretty much ate whatever we wanted whenever we wanted.  This lack of structure growing up caused me to be the same way with my kids, for awhile, atleast, until I realized that it's not good for them.  Obesity is a serious epidemic in this country, and we have to protect our kids from more than strangers, drugs, yadda yadda....I don't force them to try anything, but I atleast give them that option....everyone's plates get whatever I'm making, you don't like it oh well, don't eat it, but it's still going on your plate!