Tuesday, April 19, 2005

opsy daisey

 

So last night I was walking around the neighborhood trying to keep in shape...

I was walking on the sidewalk when a 10 speed bike went by in the street...I turned to look

ok this was not a good move because the sidewalk had a uneven place in it and the toe of my tennis shoe caught it

Yep you guessed it I fell...not a quick fall..

It was like I fell forever...lol

First I fell straight onto my knees and then onto my hands..I close my eyes and when I opened them I was on my back on the grass beside the sidewalk..<not sure how that happened lol>

I layed there thinking Hell I hope nobody saw me...

I got up my knees were hurting my hands were scraped up and I was limping..

An older man across the street saw me and yelled hey are you ok..I said yeah ...

He yelled louder are you sure your ok??

I sad yes thank you but tomarrow I will probably feel it...

Ok that was a understatement...my knees have brusies the size of silver dollars and hurt like crap..my palms are still scraped a little.

What is really strange is my left arm is sore like someone has frogged my arm about 100 times and the muscles around my left ribs are sore....

I guess the left arm took the brunt of my weight..

I thought about it today ...you know as a kid to fall like that was no big deal..

Wow has time changed my body LOL

Graphic from the Tag Lounge

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the old age club, where very mistake you make on your body will be felt for days to come!
becky

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I know what you mean....when I was a kid I would fall on my bike like everyday and get back up or jump out of trees and turn cartwheels. I got thrown off a horse last fall and it took me weeks to recover. I am only 32 but I felt like I was 52 at the time! Old age has a way of messing with us like that! Be careful and I hope you fell better and not too sore tomorrow!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

After a fall like that the first thing I'd have done, after arriving home would have been to soak in a bath of epsom salt.  I did fall early last year, with all the weight borne on my already injured right knee.  But, praise the Lord,  it was as if my knee cartiledge stretched before hitting the ground.   And no injury.   But I didn't soak in a hot.  I went to the swimming pool for excercise with my sister.  The water was slightly warm  and the air draft cold.  

Anonymous said...

I feel on ice once , my legs were up in the air and i landed on my left arm and then my butt....not good the next day. It's not fun getting older !!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I hate falling!!!!  I have done it enough to know that as an adult, it's a LOONNG way down and there is much more weight to land on it seems! Ugghhh!  I hope you feel better soon!!  That's what you get for trying to keep in shape!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.:  I hear they are having sales on treadmills.  LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!!  That hurts...I'm sorry you fell.  That really stinks.  Hope you wont hurt for too long.
Michele

Anonymous said...

Ouch ouch!!  Am reading backwards, well, not actually reading backwards, that would make no sense, just reading your entries in the wrong order!  I add my 'hope your knees and hands and ribs feel better soon hon', to the 'hope your arm feels better soon' comment I left in your other entry ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Dang girl...i know that had to hurt...why is it..the first thing we think about when we fall is if anyone seen us..??...haha...even if we are hurting that is the first thing we think about....hope u don't hurt too bad this mornin....Hugss ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I have only just received an alert about this entry.  Hope you are not too sore, falls like that can shake you up.